- Know eligibility for recruitment in BSF
- Know here how is the selection process and exam pattern
- Know the syllabus before BSF exam
Eligibility Criteria for BSF Recruitment
- The first qualification to be recruited in BSF is that he should be a citizen of India.
- Candidates who want to get job in BSF must be physically and mentally fit.
- The minimum age to join BSF is 18 years, the maximum age varies according to the posts. Apart from this, some years relaxation has been given to the reserved category candidates.
- Interested candidates should be at least 10th class pass, it requires different education according to different posts.
- To be admitted in BSF, it is necessary for men to have a height of 170 cm and for women 157 cm. Here different posts require different height qualification. Apart from this, some cm relaxation has been given to the reserved category candidates.
- At the same time, the chest of men should be 80 cm without expansion and 85 cm after inflating. Different positions require different chest sizes.
- At the same time, the minimum distance vision for both eyes should be around 6/6 and 6/9 without glasses.
Selection Process & Exam Pattern
To become head constable recruitment in BSF, you have to first pass the physical first and second test, followed by written test, skill test, document verification, medical test. In the first test of physical, one has to clear the race, which is 1.6 km in 6 minutes 30 seconds (male candidates) and 800 meters in 4 minutes (female candidates). After this, the length and chest expansion are measured in the second test. After this questions related to Reasoning, General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics, Hindi and English are asked from the candidates in the written examination. This exam is of two hours, in which 100 questions have to be answered.
Also read: Economics Exam: Learn How To Prepare For Economics? keep these things in mind
Head Constable Syllabus
Coding and Decoding, Arithmetic Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, Concept of Relationship, Arithmetic Reasoning and Figurative Classification, Spatial Orientation, Discrimination, Observation, Visual Memory, Analogy, Similarities and Differences, Spatial Visualization etc.
Number system in mathematics, mixture, working time, boat stream, pipe tank, mensuration, trigonometry, proportion, ratio, profit and loss, discount, circle, least common factor, greatest common factor, time-distance, train etc.
Plurals of words, common spelling errors and word forms of words, change of a sentence to another gender, idioms and their meanings, correct forms of imprecise sentences, antonyms, synonyms and synonyms, one word for many words, proverbs and Meaning of proverbs, making expressive nouns from verbs, disjunction etc.
Also Read: IBPS Clerk Exam: Know How IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern & Syllabus Will Be, Here Are Simple Tips
Fill in the blanks, Spot the error, Synonyms/Antonyms, Detection of spelled/misspelled words, Idioms and phrases, One word substitution, Sentence correction, Direct/indirect speech, Active/passive voice, Parajumbles, Close Passage and Reading Comprehension etc.
International events, economy, history of India, Indian polity and culture, world and geography of India, general science, Indian national movement, general knowledge, population, environment etc.
After the written exam you will have to give skill test. In which you will be called for Computer Based Typing Test. Here you will have to do English typing 35 words per minute or Hindi typing 30 words per minute.
After going through these steps you will be called for document verification in which you will be required to carry all the certificates filled in the online form, else you will be considered ineligible for it.
After reaching here, you will be called for a medical test, in which your urine test and eye examination along with other tests will also be done. If you pass in all these then you will be selected on the basis of final merit list.